Funding Sources for Uninsured New Jersey Residents

Step 1: Call the Interim Managing Entity (IME) at (844) 276-2777. IME will do a short screening over the phone to determine if you are eligible for certain types of funding. This includes:

If you do not qualify for any of these grants, or if you can’t prove that you qualify with an ID, apartment lease, bill, paystub, etc. that shows county residency during the time required, IME will contact treatment facilities to check into block grants.

Step 2: If you can’t get funding thru IME, contact the county where you currently live. Details are provided below and include both government and non-government programs. Some non-government programs, such as the Salvation Army, require detox prior to admission. County Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors & County Mental Health Administrators – Click Here for More Information

Step 3: If you cannot obtain assistance thru these resources, or if you have additional information for this page, contact City of Angels.


Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)
Addiction Services Treatment Directory (Licensed Agency Only)

Click Here to Search by County